Friday, September 20, 2013

Five-Minute Friday: She




Write for 5 minutes on this week's topic. Go to Lisa Jo's blog for more info.

She.


GO.

She is a woman of faith, love, courage, compassion, wisdom, discernment.

She is me.

I am not all those things on a regular basis. I am human after all.

I am always a believer but I lack faith in some moments, some experiences.

I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, granddaughter and friend. I love. I don't love perfectly and I don't love well. I struggle with my selfish desires and my wants and let love slip through my fingers.

I have courage, well somedays. I have so much I want to tell people but I rarely tell them. The good or the bad. I'm not very brave but it's something I want to be. May someday.

I have compassion. I guess this has come with motherhood. I have more compassion especially for children who don't have it as great as my kiddo's. I think they have it pretty great anyways. I hope I show compassion to those less fortunate. I hope I learn more compassion as I mature and as I raise my girls. I want to raise compassionate women.

I am wisdom and discernment. These are new traits I've discovering about myself. I've been praying and reading God's word (a little more anyways), wanting and craving His discernment in my life. There are many things to want discernment for, especially lately. I'm hoping I can discern His voice in this life of chaos.

STOP.


This post is linked to Lisa Jo for this week's Five-Minute Friday.

No comments: