Monday, August 13, 2012

Run Ginny Run!

Today marked my sixth week of running and that is really hard to believe!
I've said for years that I never wanted to run and here I am, running.

My progress so far:
I've completed 5 weeks of running, 3 days a week. I get up at 5:00 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and run. I am by NO means a morning person. I. like. to. sleep.
I've completed 3 weeks of the Couch to 5k program (I ran weeks 1 and 2 two times to gain strength and confidence).
I'm down 7 pounds in 4 weeks. That's 3 pounds ahead of my goal of losing 1 pound per week.
I feel more confident on my runs and more comfortable.
My feet, knees and everything else feel great.
I'm still taking glucosamine supplements two times a day to help with my joint pain.
I ice my knees after each run (most days).
I'm going to get new running shoes in the next couple of weeks to keep myself feeling great. I have a lot of miles on my shoes from all the walking I've done over the past couple of years and before anything starts to really hurt I need to get a new pair.
I couldn't do this without my husband getting up with me and staying at home and working out to a video.
I also couldn't do it without my sister who sacrifices her sleep and gets up to help me reach my goals. And keeps times for me which I know I would absolutely hate!

Well, that's my progress so far. It's great progress for me, a non-runner who's been out of the workout game for years, 80-ish pounds overweight and has no real experience in just plain ol' running. So go out there and reach your goals. You can do it!


No comments: