Monday, January 2, 2012

Menu Plan-January 2

Is anyone else relieved Christmas and New Year's are over? It's just event after event with our families and I am worn out!

We created some great memories with our new family of four and enjoyed seeing all our family. I had to figure out a way to keep our toddler out of our Christmas tree, that was an adventure, Nyla loved tearing into her presents the first few times and wanted to just play after the first few presents and both girls did great traveling from place to place to all our events. After recovering from Christmas we spent relaxing nights at home and had a low-key New Year's. We went out to my parents house to have dinner with my dad while my mom was out of town visiting her parents and were home by 8. I definitely was asleep by 10:30 and it was great!

Now that all that is over it's back to business in our house! I didn't let any laundry or dishes get away from me over the holidays and stayed on top of my organizing goals. I have a large box that keeps getting items thrown into it each day to give to Goodwill. This house will be clutter free, organized and minimized in 2012! Getting this house in order is one of my big goals for our family. I want our lives to be defined by our love for Jesus, creating memories and having great family experiences, not all the stuff we may or may not own!!!

One of my other goals for the month of January is to use most if not all of our freezer stock piles. We have SO much food and it needs to be eaten. So I have big plans for our menu in the month of January. Read about the beginning here. Let's get to the menu for the week!


Monday-Bbq Pork Stew and grilled cheese sandwiches

Tuesday- Make ahead unstuffed shells, veggies

Wednesday-Ham and hash brown casserole, veggies

Thursday-Crispy pan-fried pork chops {(new recipe) from my new cookbook, America's Test Kitchen}, baked potatoes and veggies


Saturday-leftovers from the week or sandwiches

Sunday-leftovers from the week or sandwiches


What's cooking in your kitchen?

No comments: