Sunday, August 15, 2010

Menu Plan-August 16

August 16-August 22

Hello Friends,
Another hot week is upon us, but hopefully not as hot as it has been.

I'm SO ready to get outside and go for walks with Nyla, but it is WAY to hot to do that. I know I could take being hot and sweaty, but I'm not going to put my almost 5 week old through that misery. So instead, we'll stay inside, some more, and enjoy the air conditioner that we are blessed to have. Hopefully in about 4 weeks the weather will cool a little bit and we'll be able to go for walks in the morning together and then again when Hubby gets home from work. Time will only tell.

What's new around here?
Nyla is 5 weeks on Tuesday. It's hard to believe she's been with us for 5 weeks already. We are so blessed!
I have been in the kitchen just about every night since August began. My c-section put me out of it for a good two weeks, but by the time August came around I was more than ready to get back in it and cook again. I've had a blast too! I've gotten some different cookbooks out to menu plan for the month and made some really good stuff. I've been very pleased with the turnout and so has Hubby. He's definitely into trying new foods more and for this I am thankful because I can really expand myself in the kitchen.
And it's just plain hot here, hot hot hot! Stay inside!!!

So here's our menu for the week:

Monday:
Chicken Parmigiana

Tuesday:
Nothing planned

Wednesday:
Baked Ziti

Thursday:
Baked Chimichangas

Friday:
Pizza (I made pizzas before N was born, so I'll pull this out of the deep freeze)

Saturday:
Teriyaki Chicken

Sunday:
Baked Rotini

These are all new recipes that I've never made before, so I'm super excited to see how they turn out. If they're good, I'll be posting them over the next couple of weeks.

I'm going to try and post at least twice a week on here, whether it be a recipe, my menu plan or just some random news. I hope to begin writing ahead when I have the time, so if days slip by me (which they tend to do now), I'll be ahead and you'll have something to read! :) So hang with me.

Have a great week and stay cool!

No comments: