Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm Baaack....

Nyla at 4 days old. I had to put a giant bow/flower in her hair. :)
Ready to leave the hospital and begin our life as a family of 3!
Her 0 month sticker at 1 day old. A good friend at church had a little boy about 3 months ago and they have these stickers that you put on them at the month birthday, all the way up to 12 months, to track their growth through pictures. She loves her so she got me a pack. So cute!
Brand new pretty baby!
Right out of mommy's tummy. Weighed in at a whopping 9 pounds and 8 ounces. Yes, we were expecting a big baby girl, but maybe not nine and a half pounds. :)



Well sort of...

I'm going to try and get back to blogging, at least once a week. I'm so busy with Nyla, the days just slip by me and I'm lucky to have an hour to myself. If I do get an hour, it's usually filled with laundry and some sort of cleaning and maybe even a shower. Haha. But I miss writing and posting and keeping up with my blog friends, so I'll try my hardest to write ahead when I have a few minutes and try and update each week. I hope you're all doing well!

Big news? I am a proud mother of a now 4 week and 2 day old. I can't believe she's already 4 weeks. Time flies when you're having fun! We are enjoying every minute with our sweet little one. She is a blast, even at 4 weeks. I remember what it's like not having her, but can't imagine life any other way. We are so blessed to have a healthy baby girl. God blesses us!

Even after these crazy 4 weeks I am back in the kitchen and I have missed it! For most of July, when I was getting big and miserable and hot and sweating like a pig, I didn't cook much and we ate out too much, eek! And then when I had her, by emergency c-section, I was out of commission for pretty much 2 weeks. Thankfully, my sweet hubby was able to take vacation the first week and work from home the second week. I'm so thankful his boss let him and that he has the capabilities to do that. By week 2, I was moving around a bit better but if she woke up in the middle of the night, I couldn't get to her fast enough, it took me forever to roll out of bed. :) I'm also thankful for the many people who brought us lunch and dinners. We're still working on leftovers, which is great. We have a freezer full of leftovers so Hubby takes them to work for lunch.

But after 4 weeks, I'm feeling great (and exhausted) and happy to be menu planning, grocery budgeting and shopping and cooking again. Dear kitchen, I have missed thee!

So hang in there dear readers, I'll try and post a recipe or two each week because I am making some super duper delicious dinners!

And obviously, the pictures above are for your viewing pleasure. What a great day it was to welcome our sweet one into our lives!








2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

Congratulations!! She is precious :)

erin said...

She is just so sweet! I'm glad you're feeling better and are bouncing back!