Sunday, December 15, 2013

Menu Plan: Dec 15-21

My organizing has gone to a whole other level. I whipped out the label maker and labeled everywhere
our refrigerator. I sent this picture to Daniel last week and the reply I got was, "You need help."
That's probably a true statement. But I feel more organized with it labeled. I'm putting food and drink items back in their proper spot. It's working out well. I think I do need help though. :)


It's winding down to Christmas... 10 days to go! Frankly, I'm ready for it to be over. We don't do a lot around here but with all the commercials and stuff, it's getting more nauseating with each year. Yes, I like presents and spending time with family and talking about Jesus but all the in-between things are just tiring! Anyone else?!?!

Moving on... our week is shaping up to be a busy one. Tomorrow night we travel down to Olive Branch to pick up our Azure Standard order. It's my last order with that group as I've found one in Arlington and only 15 minutes from our house. It'll be much better! I'll have to tell you how much I love Azure in another post! Wednesday is Daniel's office Christmas party. He started a new job last week so we'll go and meet everyone on Wednesday. I'm nervous but excited. I've already been consulting my sister on what to wear. This casual, stay-at-home momma doesn't have a clue! Thankful for her and her advice. And next Sunday is our church candlelight service and the preschool is putting on a short live nativity program. They did it last year and it was so sweet. I always love see what shenanigans the kids pull in those situations. It'll be fun as always!

Now, onto the menu!

Sunday-
bacon, yogurt, leftover donuts
leftovers
leftovers

Monday-
eggs with baked good, fruit
noodles, cheese, pepperoni, fruit
roast chicken {new recipe}, potato, vegetable (this will be my first ever roast chicken in the oven!)

Tuesday-
pancakes and bacon, fruit
grilled cheese or homemade pizza (I keep our freezer stocked with these)
breakfast for dinner

Wednesday-
oatmeal or cereal, fruit, yogurt
peanut butter sandwich, chips/pretzels, fruit
Daniel's work party

Thursday-
omelets or egg sandwich
leftovers
spaghetti, french bread, salad

Friday-
eggs with cinnamon toast, fruit
noodles, cheese, pepperoni's, fruit
homemade pizza

Saturday-
special breakfast day: donuts, french toast, waffles, omelets, danish, breakfast casserole and fruit
leftovers from Thursday night
company chicken casserole, 2 vegetables


As you can see I'm posting breakfast, lunch and dinner. I make the same things for breakfast and lunches each week but change up our dinner. I got so bogged down in planning all 3 different meals each week that I decided to keep breakfast and lunch the same. It offers us variety and I don't feel like I'm eating the same things all the time. I do switch foods up, as needed, if we're running low on certain things. This method has been working for us for a few months now and I'm happy with it. Do you plan breakfast and lunch?

What's cooking in your kitchen this week?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Love that super organized fridge! :)