Tuesday, December 11, 2012

When the Girls are Away...

This past weekend, Ginny and the girls abandoned me left for a weekend trip to visit G's grandmother in the great town of Griffin, GA. Sunday was her birthday, and they wanted to spend a weekend with Grammy.

That meant I had the entire house to myself Friday through yesterday. "What did you do with your time?" you, the fair reader, will ask. And my response to you is an emphatic and resounding...

NOTHING
Other than going to church Sunday and to Dairy Queen Saturday night for a Blizzard, I did absolutely nothing. I sat on the couch, watched TV, watched way too many YouTube videos, and ate junk food.

I'll be the first to admit - the house was just too quiet. Sure, I enjoyed sleeping past sunrise. But I missed my girls. All 3 of them. I enjoyed the time to myself. Don't get me wrong on that. But 3 nights was a long time away from them.

Thankfully, they made it back safely yesterday afternoon. Promptly, Nyla and Naomi both scooted over to me, wanted to read books, and played with Daddy for a while.

When the girls are away... Daddy misses them!

-D

No comments: