Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sugar Cookies


Sugar Cookies-from Mom

Ingredients and Directions: Preheat over 350 degrees

Step 1:
Cream together until light and fluffy;
2 sticks butter (I use unsalted)
1 cup sugar

Step 2:
Mix together and add to step one;
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract

Step 3:
Add to butter mixture;
2 tsp baking powder
2 3/4 cup flour, 1 cup at a time
Mix until just combined.

DO NOT CHILL DOUGH!
Pick out desired cookie cutters (or scoop with a cookie scoop and roll into sugar and flatten on the cookie sheet; if you choose this way the cookies will need longer to bake in the oven, add about 2-3 minutes).
Divide dough into 2 balls, put one on a floured surface and roll out into 12 inch circle into 1/8 inch thick or desired thickness (sometimes I roll my out thicker).
Dip cookie cutter into flour. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Re-roll dough until you have used almost all of the dough. Roll out second ball of dough, same directions.
Bake 6-7 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy! They are delicious!!!

This is linked at Grocery Cart Challenge for a recipe swap.
This recipe is linked at The Mom Creative for the Cookie Swap.

6 comments:

Together We Save said...

These look very yummy.

heartnsoulcooking said...

My favorite Christmas cookie to make with my grand-daughters. THANKS!!! for sharing your recipe.
Geri

Daniel said...

I can personally vouch for the deliciousness of these cookies.

-Hubby

SnoWhite said...

they look soft and yummy!

as for the pie crust -- I'll take the ease of my oatmeal crumbly type crust any day, but the whole wheat crust was fairly easy to make too. I guess I don't really have the counter space to roll things out, so that's the part that annoys me about making the crust. it really does go together nicely.

Jeffry and Morgan said...

Sugar cookies are the ultimate Christmas cookie! Can't wait to try these!

Kelli @ RTSM said...

Sugar cookies are my all time favorite at Christmas! Yours is SUPER cute too!