Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July Goals

So if you've notice my few blogs, I've made a change, a huge lifestyle change. And I'm excited! In the past 21 days I've lost a total of 6.8 pounds. That is the most weight I've lost, ever.
Sparkpeople.com is a lifesaver! If you're looking to lose weight the right way, no pills, no diets and no fads, then this site is for you. So check it out! I've decided to take after Erin Hetzel Mount on posting my goals and check-ups. I didn't do any June goals other than starting something and actually following through with it. Since I've accomplished that I'm now going to write down my goals and track my successes. I know that it will be a wonderful experience and it'll be something to look back on with great happiness. It'll be nice to look back on my notes and see my accomplishments. I don't want to get bogged down with what the scale says, that is setting myself up for disaster. That's why I only get on the scale on Wednesday, for my "Weigh-In Wednesday."
So here are my July 2009 goals:
1. Walk at least 4 times a week for at least 20 minutes, preferably 30 or more minutes (I have to build up to it).
2. Use the sparkpeople.com Nutrition Tracker to track what I eat 7 days a week.
3. Stay within calorie range (provided by sparkpeople) 6 out of 7 days days a week.
4. Do weight training 2 times a week.
5. Lose 5 pounds for the month of July.
6. Read 2 books outside of the Bible.
7. Read the Bible and write on what I've read and learned at least 5 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes. (I've found a great devotional book that has wonderful ways to put what I've read to work in my life, along with reading a few verses. The book says if you read the verses outlined each day I will have read the Bible in one year.)
So those are my goals. I hope anyone reading this will check out sparkpeople.com and see what it's all about. It is FREE! This of course makes it even better for everyone trying to save money but looking to lose a some pounds. Enjoy!

No comments: