Thursday, January 13, 2011

2011 Goals

I have so many goals for this year, thankfully I wrote them all down in my handy-dandy notebook and hopefully I'll be able to check them off at the end of the year. If not, I WON'T beat myself up about it and feel guilty. Too many times I've done that in the past. I will not do it this year. I will take it one day at a time, one goal at a time. If it doesn't get done, fine because life does happen and I can't do everything!

Here are my goals:

Family and Budget:
-plan 7 meals a week, 5 nights for dinner and lunches for the weekend
-eat at the table 5 nights a week as a family, with no electronics
-date night with Hubby once a month, no baby
-proper wills and insurance
-tithe $ to our sweet church
-stick to grocery budget and menu planning monthly
-plan a schedule for housework, 1-2 things a day

Personal:
-keep up with both blogs, update twice a week each
-weight loss goals (see below)
-drink 64 oz of water daily
-re-goal monthly where necessary (mostly weight loss)

Spiritual:
-follow the "Slackers" one year Bible readings as best as possible, not beating myself up if it doesn't get done
-attend Connection Class (that's Sunday School in our church) and church regularly
-talk to Hubby about what we've been reading and studying in our Bible studies
-pray with Hubby (this one is hard for me b/c prayer is SO personal for me)
-memorize 1 scripture weekly

Puppet Ministry:
-recruit 2 new people for the Spring show
-have 2 big performances for the entire church this year

Weight Loss:
-weigh-in last Saturday morning of every month
-set goals for the next month after monthly weigh-in
-workout 5 days a week
-2 days of cardio (Wii Fit, walk, run, video)
-2 days of weight training (Core Secrets, Wii Fit)
-1 day of Yoga or Pilates (I've got to work on my flexibility)
-rest 2 days a week, doesn't matter what days

I have written out in my notebook the last Saturday of every month that I'm supposed to weigh-in and I have a space to re-goal for the next month. I lost 20 pounds before I got pregnant and I want to get back on track with that, I have a lot more to lose.

I weighed in last Saturday and I have the number I want to be at by the end of the month. I will do this every month so that number is with me each day, giving me determination to get there!

I'm not setting unreasonable goals, but realistic ones. I know when I work out hard and eat the right foods, good things will happen. It's just a matter of putting my mind to it, praying for strength and being proactive and just getting it done.

Those are my goals for 2011. I know, they're pretty ambitious! Some I've done in the past, some I did last year and want to continue and some are new. Writing the goals down keeps them real. They're always there for me to flip back and look at. I can re-goal at any time and I won't beat myself up if things don't get done. Life does happen and we do have a little one and things just don't happen as we plan, God has other plans sometimes.

What are your goals for 2011? It's never to late to get some and write them down!

No comments: